What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy has come to stay. People are getting more enlightened about it. But really, what is massage?
When you ask the average person what is massage, they will give you various kinds of answers. Massage is the systematic manipulation of body tissues with the aid of the hands, elbows, feet, and other parts of the body; specialized objects such as stones, wood, and so on; machined ensembles; for the purpose of providing relief to pains, aches, and stress.
This definition is perhaps the most comprehensive one for the subject. It was defined so by one of the facilitators of Nigeria’s foremost massage training providers on the subject.
Let’s take a good look at the definition;
1. Massage involves the manipulation of tissues of the body,
2. It is done with hands, elbows, feet, and other parts of the body,
3. It can also be done with the aid of special objects like stones and wood. It can be done also with the aid of machines,
4. The purpose of the massage is 2 fold – stress relief and pain relief.
With the brief analysis above, you will agree that massage therapy is not a luxury. It is a very relaxing necessity.
In trying to define what is massage, it is also important to define what massage is not.
1. Massage is NOT foreplay.
2. Massage is not for only the rich.
3. Massage is not a luxury
4. Massage does not have to end with sex.
5. Massage does not have to be painful.
When next you are asked what is massage, you now know what to say. Do you have a different definition from what we have above? Leave it below as a comment.
CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A MASSAGE. It is very easy. A massage therapist will come to your home/hotel within the hour.